Senior Project Manager
What you’ll do
Are you a seasoned project manager confident directing teams and delighting clients? Are you collaborative, yet independent? Both curious and communicative? Nimble and game for pivoting when needed? Kind and also confident?
Project managers at Jute are an integral part of the creative team that know how to speak strategy, design and copy to both internal and external teams.
And hey, we know you're more than your resume. If you don't check every box but feel confident you'd rock this role, educate us about how your skills apply and let's get to know each other.
As a senior project manager at Jute Creative, you will:
• Manage multiple client projects, from first contact to final delivery
• Develop briefs, estimates, scope, schedules and oversee creative development as projects evolve
• Ensure on-time and on-budget delivery of outstanding creative output
• Organize the day-to-day work of non-local creative professionals and set them up for success by acting as a proactive, reliable intermediary between clients and creatives
• Provide materials, set meetings, and ensure that client expectations are met
• Hold the big picture vision for the project, working to foresee project risks and opportunities
• Provide proactive recommendations through the life of a project and act as quality control
• Develop genuine client relationships through engaging and authentic interactions
• Help our clients succeed by anticipating their short and long-term needs and providing outstanding service
• Identify and activate opportunities for new creative work and account growth
Jute offers these generous benefits to permanent employees:
3 weeks paid time off for the first year of employment, then 4 weeks paid time off annually
2 additional floating holidays
2 additional paid days for wellness + volunteering
5 sick days
Eligibility to contribute pre-tax earnings to a 401k savings plan
Company contribution to your 401k of 3% salary (regardless of any individual contribution)
Cell phone reimbursement of $75 per month
Annual wellness stipend of $400 per year
Education + Professional Development benefit of $400 per year
What we’re looking for
• 5+ years experience in a creative agency setting managing branding, website development, and digital projects
• Effective communicator, equally at ease on Slack, email, phone, or in the room with clients and creatives
• Ability to empower a multidisciplinary team to do stellar work and to personally contribute and drive creative concepts and decisions
• Thorough administrative competency, including advanced to expert ability with Google Sheets and general facility with digital organization + tools
• Experience with remote teams—addressing their challenges head-on and capitalizing on opportunities as they arise
• Provide consistent project leadership with a pro ability to troubleshoot and make decisions based on client and creative team needs
• Experience and enjoyment working with clients, managing and inspiring teams, and leaning in to solve problems
Freelance Production Designer
What you’ll do
Do your keen eye for detail and strong creative background crave a fast-paced environment? Does your understanding of print and digital production need a home where it can consistently delight clients with deliverables that nail their brand every time? Do you know the difference between CMYK and RGB and why the two should never live on the same plate?
Jute Creative is a brand communications agency based in Portland, Oregon. We provide a commitment to flexibility, ownership and autonomy with teammates who inspire, and we are seeking a production designer to join our production design division, Jute Studio. Ready to drive efficiency while maintaining quality? Let’s talk.
And, hey, we know you're more than your resume. If you don't check every box but feel confident you'd rock this role, tell us how your skills apply and let's get to know each other.
As a production graphic designer for Jute, you will:
• Collaborate closely with project managers.
• Prepare final, press-ready files based on supplied specifications for several types of printing.
• Review files for accuracy of content and final-output requirements.
• Make various formats of supplied design production-ready and resolve any design issues that arise during production.
• Perform minor image manipulation.
• Package and preflight files for release to printers or media partners.
• Create PDFs for print and client review.
• Prepare images for online and mobile applications.
• Follow a timeline to ensure tasks are completed on time.
What we’re looking for
• 4-year degree or certification in graphic design or related field of study or 5 years of practical experience in lieu of degree.
• 3+ years in a production-design role.
• Strong understanding of file building, preparation and preflight.
• Excellent verbal and written skills.
• Exceptional attention to detail and the ability to disseminate and organize design direction.
• Creative-suite expertise with emphasis on InDesign and Illustrator.
• PowerPoint and/or Keynote acumen a plus.
• Strong MS Suite skills.
• Google suite skills.
Experience level: Intermediate
Position type: Freelance
Compensation: Hourly, depending on experience